Log in

Walk in the woods


US Forest Service permits:  Each forest service has their own permits.  A permit in one national forest does not transfer to others.
Eldorado National Forest  (Morel mushroom forays) - Forest Products Permit guidelines:  Mushroom collections of 1 gallon or less per person, per year, is considered incidental use and no permit is required. Mushrooms gathered under incidental use cannot be sold or exchanged in any form.

USFS Website:  El Dorado Mushroom Permits

If you wish to purchase a $20 Forest Products Permit (to collect more than "incidental use" amounts of mushrooms), you must go in-person to the Placerville supervisor's office:

  • Jeff Marsolais, Forest Supervisor
    100 Forni Road Placerville, CA 95667
    California Relay: 711

    Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30PM
    Schedule: Monday - Friday
    MapquestMap and Directions

Recreational US Forest Service Passes and a good idea for camping.  El Dorado forest allows 10 days of free camping in unimproved areas, as long as you're off the main roads and not blocking any fire roads or forest access roads.  Fires are generally not allowed, but in some areas you can purchase a fire pit permit.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software